No one knows what the body can do. -Spinoza

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Old Pics--Restored Laptop, Continued


One of my intellectual heroes, bell hooks, has a Distinguished Professor position at the Appalachian Studies Center, Berea College, in Kentucky. This January while driving through Kentucky we diverted our route in order to travel through the small town of Berea and see the college. My daughter took this picture of me in front of bell hooks' office. (No, we didn't get to meet her, but I can just keep returning to her books, and interviews with her, as well as the voice of her work in my head.)

Remarkably, Berea College offers free education to those with lower incomes. In exchange for a college education, students work in the small town of Berea. Truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment