No one knows what the body can do. -Spinoza

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dolly Parton Magnificence

Dear Lord, with my level of fatigue, all the work I have to get done, and who knows what else I need to just lighten things the heck up. So, in honor of that and the total joy someone like Dolly Parton offers to the world here's a loverly video to help us celebrate the day.

Check out Dolly's incredible smile, the fantastic slit going up one side of her dress, and her striking voice. God, I love her.


Dolly Parton performing with Kenny Rogers, "Islands in the Stream", early 1980's

1 comment:

  1. i woke up yesterday morning thinking of this exact video. i love dolly.
    i also love the moment here when she says "'scuse me, kenny", when in fact the almost-jumping-the-gun on a line can not possibly detract from her amazingness and kenny should really apologize to dolly for harshing her groove. the man needs to try to dance.

    ReplyDelete