No one knows what the body can do. -Spinoza

Sunday, February 14, 2010

If We're Gonna Acknowledge THE OTHER Holiday, Let's Do It Hot

Okay, FINE. FINE, okay? FINE. It is also Valentine's Day today. FINE.

Since I'm apparently acknowledging the holiday, I thought I might as well post a completely hot, excellent, yum-yum example of kisses, since this blog has also showcased plenty of kissing pictures in the past.

This movie, Some Kind of Wonderful, has held perhaps a little too much influence over what I imagine the best sort of romantic relationship to be. I fell for this movie when it came out in my teenage years. So, what's it offer as a model for a great romantic connections? --an excellent, very close, trustworthy, responsible-for-themselves, dear hearted friend, that has great hands, and can kiss the bejesus outta me. Dear St. Valentine, if you're taking requests, that's what I'd want. Though I'm in no hurry. Love, Me



Blog Edit: Incidentally, I just caught up on InsanityKim's blog, and it turns out she has a great fondness for this movie too. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO AWESOME ELAINE!! I tell you what, I love everything about that scene, I could pick it apart and analyze every moment, from the symbolic "crash" in the song when their lips meet, to her little eye twitch, to the deep breath he takes right after lip-lock. Man, it is just pure and amazing and I get chills every time I watch it. I remember being in the theater and all the air was sucked out of the room at that moment...then when she says, "lesson's over you're cool" everyone burst into laughter. It was a brilliant cinematic moment and I just love John Hughes. The world lost a great talent. Sigh. And Eric Stolz. Wow, what a cutie and where did he go???

    BTW I have seen The Breakfast Club 36 times. When my kids are about 12 years old I am getting a huge tub of popcorn and we are watching all of his movies. I CANNOT wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete