No one knows what the body can do. -Spinoza

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Current Playlist

I've been making a playlist over the last several months in my itunes folder. As time's gone on I've deleted songs I'm sick of, or that seem too situational, so that the songs left represent more of a long term listen. As I've said before, I'm sure such things work as some kind of personality test.

Here's the current list.

1. If I Were A Boy, Beyonce
2. Looking Out, Brandi Carlile
3. Lake Charles, Lucinda Williams
4. Can't Help Falling In Love, Lick the Tins
5. The Distance, Cake
6. Sharp Cutting Wings, Lucinda Williams
7. Hounds of Love, Kate Bush
8. Helpless, K.D. Lang
9. Pine for Cedars, Dan Mangan
10. Mercy Mercy Me, Marvin Gaye
11. There is a Kingdom, Nick Cave
12. I Try, Macy Gray
13. Love Lockdown, Kanye West
14. Broken Telephone, The Be Good Tanyas
15. Because the Night, Patti Smith
16. Helpless, Patti Smith
17. The Needle & The Damage Done, Neil Young
18. Acid Tongue, Jenny Lewis
19. Humpty Dumpty, Aimee Mann
20. La Belle et le Bad Boy, M.C. Solaar
21. Going to California, Led Zepplin
22. Those Three Days, Lucinda Williams
23. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Patti Smith
24. Helpless, Neil Young
25. Unknown Legend, Neil Young
26. Float On, Modest Mouse
27. Family Affair, Mary J. Blige
28. Some People, Dan Mangan
29. Speechless, Lady GaGa
30. The Story, Brandi Carlile
31. It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels, Kitty Wells

2 comments:

  1. The grocery store was playing Adam Ant _Goody_Two_Shoes_ today, which I found disturbing in that coopting-my-adolescence way that I have issues with. I like your list much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one impressive list. I have to say I miss listening to music like I used to, it's such an intense experience for me that I long to be alone and give it my full concentration, but can't seem to do that these days. I really want to get the Simple Minds compilation album and spend some time driving and listening. That would be awesome.

    In the care I have been listening to:
    Allison Krauss/Robert Plant
    Joe Satriani
    John Mayer (I totally separate him from his music)
    Old U2 (October and WAR)
    And a few songs by Hillsong that bring me to my knees...thankfully not while driving tho.

    ReplyDelete