People that know me or that have read here long enough realize I like science fiction. In fact, I've even been teaching a class on it at the university. As celebration of much that is good about science fiction I decided to construct a list of the top ten most important things in the history of mankind ever to happen to sci-fi. A top twenty list would be difficult. As soon as you hit (12) things get messy. (In case you're wondering, (11) is Worf.)
The Top Ten Most Important Things in the History of Mankind Ever to Happen to Sci-Fi
with thanks to Hans Nesse
1. Jesus Christ, as in the actual messianic figure
2. Jean-Luc Picard
4. Spock in TOS: episode 30, "Amok Time", when he thinks he's killed his captain and then discovers he hasn't
5. Spock in TOS: episode 33, "Mirror Mirror", when everyone else is evil but Spock is still good-Spock except with a beard and so he's extra hot
6. Spock in THE WRATH OF KHAN when he saves the entire ship and crew and declares "I have been and always will be your friend"
7. Spock in THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK when he is a teenager going through Pon farr for the first time with Saavik on the Genesis planet because you are kidding right? i mean, honestly, star trek writers, really?! really?! for reals? really?
8. Spock in STAR TREK (2009) where he is in love with Nyota Uhura cause Spock in love with anybody is pretty awesome great, isn't it?
9. Spock in STAR TREK (2009) when there you are realizing FUCK YEAH LEONARD NIMOY LOVE OF MY LIFE IS BACK, BABY! HE IS BACK AND THERE WE ARE WITH HIM ON THE BIG SCREEN LISTENING TO THAT LUSCIOUS VOICE! WHOO! YAH, BABY! YAH!